Responsible Gambling and Playtech
Responsible gambling seems to be a crucial part of the online gambling industry nowadays. Every online casino is now closely watched to ensure the safety and well-being of the players. Once the World Regulatory Briefing (WrB) event was introduced, it has established itself to become a key factor to placing responsible gambling in the spotlight and raising awareness, as well as offering solutions to improve reasonable gambling. It initially may sound surprising that Playtech was announced as a founding partner, but it actually makes a lot of sense that one of the largest online gaming and betting software supplier gets involved in this issue.
Known around the world for its innovation, Playtech has largely contributed in the popularization of both live dealer programs and casino platforms on mobile devices. Playtech also had a major role in promoting licensed games in the industry having stuck deals with several major film companies. As a major pioneer of the gambling industry, the fact that they backed the responsible gambling cause is clearly going to have a lot of influence on the subject.
It was founded in 1999 by casino entrepreneurs, software engineering and multimedia industries, and has since become the leading provider of software and online gaming services. Around 3,500 people in twelve countries and territories are employed by Playtech and its headquarters are located on the Isle of Man.
The company provides software for online casinos, online poker rooms, online bingo games, online sports betting, scratch games, mobile gaming, live dealer games and fixed-odds arcade games online.
Playtech has brought in innovations like casinos for mobile platforms and live dealer games, but has also developed licensed games like Marvel Slots. Known for its successful developing of online gambling software, Playtech is now also known as an advocate of responsible gambling.
There are certain safety regulations that should be followed when it comes to gambling. The most important thing to do is to stay within budget and know that you should ask for help if you get into any kind of trouble. Online gambling, much like regular gambling, is a form of entertainment. A visit to Vegas includes eating out and watching shows as well as gambling, and is supposed to be about having a good time. Online gambling should not be any different. You are supposed to enjoy the time playing and the most enjoyable gambling experience is the one that stays responsible. That means that responsible gambling is meant to implement gambling as a social activity for friends, family, or colleagues.
Responsible gamblers are those who have fixed limits for losses and do not take actions on the spur of the moment. Every gambler should always be aware that all odds are predetermined in favor of the casino, so every gamble means taking a conscious risk.
Responsible gambling should take limited amounts of time and not keeping track of time leads to loss of regularity and can cause interference with everyday activities.
Some other important aspects of responsible gambling that everyone should constantly be aware of include:
• Gambling should be a personal choice of every player and not a result of being pressured by others.
• Gambling should be an activity for fun, but fun should not depend on having to gamble when with friends or family.
Tips for staying safe
It is easy to achieve responsible gambling if you set and follow some simple rules. The rules do not prevent you from having fun while gambling but act only as a safety net.
1. Remember that gambling should not become an integral part of your life but a fun, indulging activity.
2. Set a budget and stick to it. Reasonable players know that this prevents squander. If you do not trust yourself with the money in your pocket, consider using a prepaid card. Once the limit is set, it cannot be exceeded.
3. Set a time limit because that leads to discipline and discipline leads to unnecessary spending.
4. Know when to quit. This is one of the hardest things to do according to every gambler but it is something that can save lives and money. Never gamble to cover your losses. No one can win all the time and wasting money to try to recover losses is more likely to result in having an even bigger loss.
5. Play only at reliable casinos. Check for the certification to see if the casino is licensed. Licensed casinos are checked by regulatory bodies on a monthly basis, which prevents fraud and theft.
If you have ever felt that you gambling is getting out of control, try answering the 20 questions found on the Gamblers Anonymous website. If you answer yes to 7 of them, it means that you have developed or are starting to develop a gambling addiction. The reason why casinos are starting to take a greater care of their customers is that although they might get some extra money if their customer gambles unreasonably, they risk losing a regular customer if things do not go too well. Some of the questions that you should ask yourself are:
• Do you ever borrow money to finance your gambling?
• Do you feel the need to win back your losses after losing?
• Do you gamble longer than what you intended to?
• Do you miss work to gamble?
and the rest of those can be found on the web.